Since I started school I haven't been able to hang out with the kids as much at home. I guess they've really noticed. Daniel has been more clingy than he usually is and is always apprehensive when either one of us leaves.
Yesterday at nursery he didn't want us to leave him there alone, which is really unlike him, he loves nursery and has never had a problem with us just dropping him off. Yesterday I tried to drop him off but he said he wanted mommy. So I took him to find mommy and then she took him to nursery. It took her an hour to finally be able to slip away, and only after the nursery teacher told Daniel that we weren't leaving him, we were just going to our class.
Because, he thought, we were leaving like we do at home - we get in the car and leave. So after he understood that we weren't leaving leaving, but just going to a different class he was ok with that.
During the 3rd hour I had Rylie with me. After she woke up from a nap on my shoulder she promptly wet herself, and me. She was on my lap so when I looked down my crotch was completely soaked. I couldn't believe it. It totally looked like I had wet myself. It couldn't have looked more like I wet myself if I had actually wet myself. Awesome. I was sitting half way from the front, how was I going to get out without being noticed?
Luckily I had the diaper bag and could strategically position it in front me to cover the wetting. I escaped out the back, went home and changed Rylie and myself and drove back to church in time to pick up Heidi and Daniel.
The first thing Daniel says when he gets in is "You left me!!" And I'm like, umm, no, I didn't, well, yes I did, but no, you see.., well yes technically... doh!
Some days you just can't win.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is the funniest story. One would have to think that karma was paying you back for something. Must have been something bad. ha ha
ReplyDelete