Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fathers and sons church outing

I took Daniel on his first Fathers and Sons campout this weekend. He’s been camping before but this is his first traditional campout with the church. He had a blast. I was a little stressed constantly trying to keep him away from the pond and out of the fire, but otherwise I had a great time too.

We’ve decided we want to go camping more often. It’s a great way to get away and take a little vacation on the weekend. It’s inexpensive and adventurous. Anyone want to go camping with us?

The location was Patrick’s pond, almost 40 miles east of Payson, up on the rim. Here is a picture of the pond. Next time I think we’ll not pitch our tent so close. We were also right next to the fire but that can’t be helped, he’ll just have to learn about fire safety.

IMG_0561

We had blue raspberry slushies on way there and again on the way back. What’s a Fathers and Sons bonding campout if you can’t bend some of the rules while we’re away from home. Except for the hotdogs for dinner, we ate probably nothing but junk the whole time there. We made smores Friday night.

For breakfast Saturday morning the Elders Quorum make scrambled eggs, ham and cheese croissant sandwiches and brought muffins. I had the eggs and croissant but Daniel preferred a chocolate muffin.

Here is Daniel near the end of the trip, dirty. We were all dirty, smelly tired and a little cranky.

IMG_0568  IMG_0567

Here he is playing one of the many games they had brought up.

IMG_0566

And here is a random picture I took of a tree. Daniel and I went on a couple of walks together. It was nice to be out in the woods together, just the two of us enjoying the woods.

IMG_0564

1 comment:

  1. Let us know when you can go, and we'd love to go. We tru to go a few times each year. We always like going somewhere up on the rim, and like to go fishing a bit too. Nothing like catching your own dinner.

    ReplyDelete