Friday, June 20, 2008

Rocky Mountain Oysters

We made another trip to Rawhide with Heidi's dad when he was here with us two weeks ago. This time we paid to see a gun show. They have several and we went to the one called Trail of Billy the Kid. I would recommend avoiding that one. It was really boring, especially for a kid to sit through. All they did was talk the whole time and when guns were finally blazing, I think they fired 6 shots total between everyone.

And we went to the main restaurant this time too, the steakhouse saloon. There were a couple of items listed on the menu that I have never seen on a menu before:




That's right, rattlesnake and rocky mountain oysters. I thought rocky mountain oysters was just a joke thrown in a Chevy Chase movie (Funny Farm, "Lamb Fries") but apparently they are a real delicacy. Unfortunately none of us were feeling the "cowboy spirit" that night, maybe we'll try it out next time. An official Rawhide commemorative certificate just might make it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment