Being our second child, I feel like a seasoned professional parent. I must have been really nervous and intimidated when Daniel was born. His was the first diaper I ever changed. I was nervous to even hold him cause I was afraid if I didn't support his head right it might fall off. Now I can hold her, feed her, burp her, change her all without a second thought.
We've somehow managed to collect a room full of clothes for her. She has more clothes than I think I've ever had in my entire life time. She can go the first two years of her life without wearing the same outfit twice. I on the other hand, can go two years wearing the same outfit.
I took Daniel to the hospital to visit mom and his new sister on Friday. In hind sight that probably wasn't a great idea. Hospitals are not very kid friendly. He had no interest in her what so ever, but he loved all the buttons and drawers in the recovery room. He managed to raise and lower the bed by himself, change the TV channel, bang his head twice knock all sorts of things off the shelf and take off running down the hall in the first 10 minutes we were there. After I caught him we went to grandma's house for the rest of the evening.
Somehow we ended up at the hospital without the camera, so these are a couple of pictures taken today, she's about 2 1/2 days old.
Oh, my, she is beautiful! Congratulations! I am so jealous of your two red headed children. I would be thrilled with one red-head. Truly, though, she is absolutely lovely. Can't wait to see more of her on the blog.
ReplyDeleteCongratulation, she is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope Heidi is recovering well and that you 2 are managing to get some sleep. We can't wait to see her. I have had a present sitting in the car for her waiting to mail off. I'm sending it tomorrow. Congrats again!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! She's adorable! I hope you're recovering well Heidi.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!! I am so proud of you. You did it!! She is gorgeous, you make me want to have another, just so that i can have a girl. Wait for it, wait for it, yup its over--i dont want another :) Well hope you are well. Love you tons, talk to you soon.
ReplyDeleteSHY
¡Feliciataciones! That's one cute looking girl. Good thing Heidi had about 99.9% to do with good looks. Who knows what would have happened had Darin's genes come out more... Better start practicing the tactics to fend off the boys when they start noticing her...
ReplyDeleteWhat a joy to see your beautiful Rylie. We are so proud of you, Heidi. What a victory to have the baby totally natural. Thanks for a good doula. We are so pleased to be coming to be with you on May 31. We can't wait.
ReplyDeleteLove, Dad and Lynn
What a doll!! She looks like a little girl already with that beautiful head of hair. Congratulations! I'm so glad to be able to catch up with you on your blog!
ReplyDeletePS--It sounds like Daniel and Oliver would have had a BLAST together destroying hospital rooms! That is EXACTLY what Ollie did. He had zero interest in me (or the baby) but loved pulling all the supplies out of the cupborads and throwing them around the room. He also thought the hospital bed made a good slide.
ReplyDeleteYeah! She's is just beautiful! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete