Saturday, May 10, 2008

Amazing Jake's

Last night Heidi's work had an end of year party at Amazing Jake's in Mesa.

We had a great time! We took Darin's brother Andy with us and enjoyed the unlimited buffet, go-carts, bumper cars, carousel, train, tea cups, mini-golfing, and video games. Heidi now is inspired to have her family visit since they would absolutely love this place, although the rest of the patrons may not be so happy with their presence.

Here are some pictures of our adventures.



Daniel loved being the engineer in the train! You should have seen his eyes light up when we started going.



Andy was a speed racer! Despite slamming into a wall once because he was so excited (he forgot to turn) he seemed to love speeding down the racetrack.





Daniel found the ball and club very interesting-- but actually trying to use them together was just not as interesting as running around finding rocks.



Andy swept up the competition



Daniel completely caught on to the idea of air hockey-- being in a central position makes it so you always have the advantage.



Watch out, Darin is out to get you!





Daniel was completely satisfied building towers- if there had been nothing else at Amazing Jake's this would have entertained him all night long.



Can you see the joy? I think he liked riding the horsey!



Although mom wasn't sure she could spin in circles without getting sick, Daniel caught right on to spinning the circle in the middle so spin we did.



There was more stuff to do like Laser tag, rock climbing and bowling but we ran out of time. Next time Darin promises to "maybe" take Daniel on the Frog Hopper ride. He wimped out this time because he says he gets "motion sickness," whatever, right Daniel?

1 comment:

  1. It was a blast. Sorry I couldn't help myself to click on your blog after I commented on Julie's about her not being able to post pictures and read that you had your baby girl. I just had to look at the beautiful baby. That she is beautiful! Congrats Heidi! It was fun working with you the short I did at Legacy. I'm sure we'll see each other around Maricopa isn't that big. :o)

    Leslie Wright (Julie's sister in law)

    ReplyDelete