Monday, January 28, 2008

The passing of an era

Of course we're saddened to hear about the passing of President Hinckley. He's for sure been the most influential prophet in my life, I guess because he's also been the most prominent. He came to be president just before I left on my mission so I'm sure one of the first and most important duties he performed was to endorse my mission papers. He's been the most active president I've known.

I can't help but marvel at the speed at which the news of his passing went out. I mean, the official article says that he died about 7:00pm Sunday evening. My sister in law called us at 8:34pm to tell us the news. And my other sister in law sent an email out at 8:52pm with the same news. I checked half a dozen websites and news TV stations for some information and no one had any news regarding President Hinckley at that time. I just think that's amazing, half the church knew about it before CNN knew about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment