Monday, August 25, 2008

waw waww waw waw waww

When Daniel is doing something he shouldn't, I can only imagine what he hears from me when I try to tell him to stop is Charlie Brown's teacher: "waw waww waw waww waw."

Daniel stop doing that. Daniel get out of there. Daniel come sit at the table. Stop, don't touch anything I need to wash your hands. Daniel where are you?

"waw waww waw waww waw"

Here are a few examples of what he's been in trouble for lately:

Daniel found the hidden stash of ball point pens on the top shelf of the desk. He climbed on top and got one and starting scribbing on whatever was near, the water bill I think. I try to get him to stop but he takes off running in the house laughing and giggling, scribbling on every piece of paper he can get his hands on all the while evading capture from me as I give him chase. It's hard to get mad at him because I think he does it on purpose because he likes being chased. It's all fun and games for him!

He's not allowed to color without supervision. He'll eat the crayons or bite off the tips of the markers.

Spills his snacks on the couch and floor, usually right after they've just been cleaned. We're working on getting him to stay at the table with food.

Gets into our dvd drawer, manhandles the dvd's and tries to load a dvd in the VHS player. I have since moved all my Xbox games to the matterhorn. That's what I call our computer cabinet. It stands about 7 feet tall with absolutely no climbing access. You can close and lock the front doors. Space on top is becoming slim.

Climbs into Rylie' swing.

Climbs into Rylie's bouncer.

Climbs into Rylie's bed (and accidently stepped on her once while she was taking a nap).

He gave himself a bath in the bathroom sink. This has happened a couple of times. Once he took his clothes off first, then the next time he didn't bother.

We always have to listen to those moments of silence when you're not sure what he's currently up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment