Here is Daniel at the ER waiting room (actually in the lobby just outside of the waiting room since I wasn't so sure I wanted to be surrounded by everyone else's germs) . They had to wrap up his head after they numbed the area prior to stapling it shut. Doesn't he look seriously maimed?
Sunday, September 19, 2010
My I told you so moment.
In August Daniel was giving us a run for our money on everything. He was talking back to us, challenging us on everything, and down right grumpy. One day while Rylie and Wyatt were sleeping Daniel was walking across the top of our couch. When I told him to get down, he then started crawling, when I again told him to get down, he sat down on the top and leaned back. He ended up leaning back too far and fell into our windowsill hard. By the scream you knew he hurt himself pretty badly. Sure enough, when I got to him he already had blood dripping down his shirt and upon further assessment had a large hole in the back of his head. Wow, head wounds do bleed, but luckily with a little ice they stop quickly too. So with ice in hand, we quickly gathered up Wyatt and Rylie and rushed to our nearest pediatric ER which is 40 minutes away (the urgent care in town won't do stitches). Daniel ended up getting 3 staples since his wound was too deep for regular stitches and learned a great lesson about listening to your mom. Amazingly his behaviors have completely improved since this instance and I think he realized that sometimes mom and dad do know best. So glad he didn't get hurt worse, but at least he learned something from
it.
Here is Daniel at the ER waiting room (actually in the lobby just outside of the waiting room since I wasn't so sure I wanted to be surrounded by everyone else's germs) . They had to wrap up his head after they numbed the area prior to stapling it shut. Doesn't he look seriously maimed?
Here is Daniel at the ER waiting room (actually in the lobby just outside of the waiting room since I wasn't so sure I wanted to be surrounded by everyone else's germs) . They had to wrap up his head after they numbed the area prior to stapling it shut. Doesn't he look seriously maimed?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor baby! We were in Vermont in July when Spencer fell in the shower and split his lip open. We were in very rural Vermont and it took us 45 minutes of driving on back dirt roads to get to the ER. He got 7 stitches in his lip. All it takes now is a gentle reminder of how very unfun it was to get those stitches and he'll stop doing whatever dangerous thing he's doing.
ReplyDelete