Sunday, September 12, 2010

Heidi and Wyatt go to visit Oma in Oregon!

Wyatt and I had the wonderful opportunity to fly up to Medford, OR to visit my mom. We had such a nice time relaxing, taking road trips and enjoying each others company. My mom hadn't met Wyatt yet, and she was amazed by what a good baby he is!

Oregon is one of the kindest places I have ever visited. While having dinner one night the waitress offered to take Wyatt for me while I finished eating dinner. Anywhere else I would have thought this to be creepy, but somehow you just knew that it was alright in OR. She carried Wyatt around the small restaurant and he was thrilled with the attention and I got to eat in peace. Oh, so nice. The couple next to us then ended up chatting with us and playing with Wyatt. You really felt like you were with family everywhere you went.


Did you know that blackberry bushes grow wild in OR? The highways are lined with them and all you have to do is jump out of your car and pick to your hearts content. Unfortunately these bushes were extremely sour, but I just longed to go out berry picking when the season was right.




























This is outside the restaurant with the kind waitress. Isn't it just gorgeous outside? I love how undeveloped it was everywhere. It was nature at it's best.

We also made a day trip up to Ashland, OR. It is a college town that specializes in it's Shakespeare festival. It was such a fun touristy town and we enjoyed the day shopping. Ah, how I love shopping with my mom. We tried on everything in the store and found some neat finds! Who knew I loved hippy clothing so much?

Mom, thanks for such a great vacation! We loved seeing you!


No comments:

Post a Comment