So today we went to see Disney On Ice. I think I was as excited as Daniel was when we talked about the Disney characters and Mickey Mouse on the way there.
When we got there Daniel was ecstatic seeing all the Disney characters and even Rylie was dancing to the music. But the 3rd song they did was about ghosts. They turned off all the lights and had scary loud music and there were lots of scary ghosts skating around. I guess that routine really scared him.
It was only 20 minutes into the show and he wanted to leave and put up a really big fuss. The whole show was almost 2 hours and I couldn't believe he already wanted to leave, the show was barely off the ground!
We took him out in the hallway for awhile and talked and after the show had moved on and was well past the scary part we tried to take him back in but he started to throw a fit again. After a while we finally gave up.
When we said his prayers together tonight he asked that he might not feel scared or sad anymore, all on his own, I didn't prompt him to say that. I didn't realize how much he really got scared. The scary part only showed people skating around in sheets under a black light. I didn't think it was that scary. Great, thanks Disney On Ice, you scared the crap out of our kid!
Here is me and Daniel posing in front of the Mickey Mouse logo right before the show started.
Here are a couple of pictures during the first 5 minutes. Look how excited and happy he looks!
Here is the opening scene
Unfortunately we didn't a chance to take any more pictures of the show after that. Here is us back outside in front of the US Airways Center, notice we're alone because everyone else is still inside enjoying the show. I told Daniel to make a sad face because he gave the show two thumbs down and had to leave early.
Although to ease the disappointment we let Daniel pick out an overpriced Disney toy at one of the concession stands on the way out. Buzz Lightyear. It really only cost $12 but I joke that it cost us $50 including the parking and show tickets to enter the building to buy it.
We just laugh about it. It was still a great experience for all of us and we still had a good time. I guess we'll wait a few more years before we take him back.
FUUUUNNNN!!! I love Disney,but I don't know why they do those scary things. It looks like you guys had a great time. Happy Birthday to both of you!!!!
ReplyDelete