Saturday, January 3, 2009

"raisin nose ouchy!"

Late Friday night Daniel came in our room saying: nose, nose; raisin, nose, ouchy, raisen, nose. He sounded a little nasally but honestly I was only half awake so I didn't put too much into it. I'm used to Daniel coming in repeatedly asking for things like more water, or more crackers or some other thing like he suddenly decides he needs to vacuum his entire floor at 10:00pm because he spilled some Cheerios on the floor.

S0 I just dismissed it as another attempt to avoid going to bed and I sent him on to bed. The next morning I got up with Rylie and while eating breakfast Daniel came in saying: nose, raisin, ouchy; nose raisin ouchy. But this time I really picked up on how nasally he sounded. So then the remnants of the previous night came back to memory and I thought, oh no, please don't let it be... and upon close inspection... sure enough, there was a raisin stuffed up his nose.

It took some doing and fine application of toothpick skills, but I finally managed to get it out. The raisin seemed to double in size as it exited his nostril. I will save you the graphic picture of the raisin sliding out of his nose skewered on the end of the toothpick. Oops, too late. :)

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh!! I can't believe you took it out on your own. HE must have sat very still for you. Jarom has yet to stick something up his nose...I know the day will soon arrive though. Glad he got it all out!!

    ReplyDelete