Sunday, January 25, 2009

1:00 AM photo shoot

If you know Rylie, here is a not so secret secret about her: she doesn't like other people. Well, more accurately, she only likes you as long as Heidi is holding her. No one else is allowed to hold her. Until recently that used to apply to me too. Now I'm proud to say I'm one up on everyone else! She knows that although I'm not Heidi, I must be Heidi's assistant or something because I'm around all the time.

Last night Heidi had a girls night out and went across town to be with some friends. She didn't get home until close to midnight, which meant that I got to put Rylie down for bed. Rylie was ok with that.

Well I put her to bed at 7:00pm, right on schedule. But she woke up about 11:00pm and seemed surprised when I came in to check on her instead of Heidi. After some cuddling, she eventually fell asleep again but again woke up about 11:45. This time when she saw me again she seemed worried that Heidi hadn't come in to check on her yet. She had a "where's mom?" look in her eyes.

It was really cute. She didn't fuss with me but I could tell she was disconcerted and genuinely seemed worried. She was good for me and quiet like she was trying to go back to sleep but I could hear her sniffling like she was silently crying. Well that was too much. So I picked her up and took her downstairs where we could cuddle together until Heidi got home which wasn't very long after.

When Heidi came in Rylie's expression of joy was priceless. She got so happy and giddy to be with Heidi again that it took another couple of hours for her to relax enough to go back to sleep.

These pictures were taken about 1:00am. We had to show off her hair and how happy she was for being 1:00 am in the morning. She's going to have some awesome hair when it comes in full and thick!






No comments:

Post a Comment