Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tantruming!!

I commented to Heidi the other day about how quickly Daniel seems loose it when he can't instantly have what he wants. The littlest things seem to set him off. He wants the purple sippy cup, not the blue one. He wants cheddar cheese, not string cheese. He wants to eat dinner now, not in 5 minutes when the rice finishes cooking. He wants to go for a walk now, not after I finish doing whatever it happens to be that I'm doing at that moment.

If he doesn't instantly get what he wants then he screams and yells, rolls around on the floor bumping into things, flailing his arms about and druming his heels on the floor. It's quite a performance. That would make another good video.

Heidi just said welcome to the Two's. This actually started several months ago and he doesn't turn Two until June, is there some sort of prorated credit for having to deal with this prematurely?

Of course there is the tantrum because he wants something that he can't have, and then there is the tantrum because he can't have it RIGHT NOW!!! I didn't say no, I just said wait a minute.

Telling Daniel to wait is like a trigger word. You know how dogs can be trained to instantly attack using a key trigger word (at least you can in Magnum PI). You say "COCHISE" and the guy standing next to you gets his head ripped off by a Doberman Pinscher.

Daniels trigger word is "WAIT." Instant Tantrum: crying, rolling around, heels drumming the floor.

What's the trigger word to make it stop!!??

3 comments:

  1. Get out the belt. :o) Show him who is boss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad news...there is no prorate. Josh still hasn't outgrown his terrible 2's and he's in bootcamp...I'll pray for you my dear friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Corban is 5 and it gets worse, sorry no help here. Just make sure there is nothing in the way that can really hurt him, give him space and eventually he will realize that no one is paying attention to his out burst and it magically stops-"after a while, sometimes longer than others". LOVE YOU TONS

    ReplyDelete