Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Funny Random Daniel Facts

Here are a few funny facts about Daniel:

1. Mamma's boy! When mom leaves even for 2 seconds Daniel immediately gets upset wanting to go with her, worried that she is leaving somewhere without him. He fusses, cries, throws a fit and it takes a little while for me to distract him long enough for him to get over it. If we let him give mom a hug before she leaves he will gladly go to her, then turn to me and say "bye" and wave as if to say bye dad, I'm going with mom, we're leaving now, we'll see you when we get back. But when I leave I tell him bye and he just matter-of-factly says "bye!" and waves; dad's leaving, no big deal.

2. Once upon a time mom identified herself to Daniel by pointing to herself and saying "mom." Daniel picked right up on that and now ever since then whenever he wants mom he will point to himself and say "mom!" It's kind of cute that when she leaves he will cry for her all the while pointing to himself.

3. We're trying to teach Daniel to communicate better using new words. Whenever he wants something he gives the sign for "more." This essentially became his "I want." So now we're trying to teach him to say "I want". When he hears I he immediately points to his eye. He learned eye by singing the song "head shoulder knees and toes..." in Nursery. We'll move on to his first lesson about context.

4. Daniel's perspective on the sacrament: please bring the snack tray back I wasn't finished!

5. Daniel has taken a keen interest in Trains. When ever he hears or sees a train he will say "choo! choo!" and make like he's pulling the train whistle. He surprised us one day when he lined his blocks up on the ground, then pushed them in a straight line and said "choo choo!"

One day he wouldn't finish eating so I pretended with him that his spoon was a train; that got him excited to finish dinner. He liked that so much that for the next few days he would pretend his spoon was a train all by himself and would say "choo choo" before he took a bite.

His understanding of what a train is seems to have expanded a bit to encompass anything big and mobile, like a bus or big truck. When he sees any of those things he will promptly blow his train whistle: "Choo Choo!!"

6- Daniel loves things in the sky (planes, stars, moon, etc...) He has been able to find planes in the sky since he could point. Just tonight while taking a walk he was mesmerized by the stars and suddenly yelled out "pla" (meaning plane). Suddenly one of the stars started moving much to my surprise. It turned out Daniel had a better eye then his own mom.

2 comments:

  1. Daniel sounds alot like a little guy I know. Jared is really into motorcycles and make the vroom vroom sound whenever he sees one. He also likes school buses and calls them cooba. He just started noticing planes though. We need to get them together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, 1 more thing, Daniels perspective on the sacrament cracked me up...this is exactly what I say on fast Sunday Daniel!!

    ReplyDelete