Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Welcome home Wyatt!

Wyatt has finally joined us. We say finally but he's actually early. Heidi had her baby early Friday morning at 1:13am. He is 9 lbs, 20 inches long.


Heidi went completely natural on this one like she did with Rylie. Doesn't she look amazing after that! That boggles my mind. I keep telling her she passed a 9lb baby through her vagina. She just says, yes, I was there. In hind sight, had we known he was actually that big, she might have opted for the epidural. My wife is amazing, I can't believe she is able to go through that. Other than Heidi's amazing ability, I would give most of the credit to our Douala and nurse midwife who were able to coach her through the tough contractions and help that little guy into our lives.





My mom was able to stay with the kids for most of the time so we didn't have to worry about them. I was also unfortunately sick during this time so after the baby was born I went home and tried to sleep. I'm glad my mom was around to take the kids. They were in heaven again to have their grandma with them.



Here are their 2nd glimpses of Wyatt, their first were in the car in the garage before we could make it into the house.



Both Heidi and Wyatt are doing well. Wyatt is for the most part a pretty quiet, content little baby. He seems to like to be awake during the late hours, which might be a problem after I return to work. We have to work on schedules.

Both Rylie and Daniel adore him. Daniel will make faces at him trying to play with him and entertain him. Rylie constantly wants to hold him and touch his face and she even shared her blanket with him. I wouldn't say Rylie is jealous, but she gets mad and frustrated because she can't hold Wyatt all the time.

Here is Rylie giving little Wyatt a kiss


They both took turns holding him for a few minutes. Rylie is in heaven.






Heidi sure enjoyed the flowers sent by her mom. She deserves the congratulations.

4 comments:

  1. He is soooo cute!! Heidi you look beautiful. I love the pictures of your kids faces seeing there new brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats guys!! 9 lbs is what our kids weigh when they were 3 or 4 months old. We're hoping that 9 lbs is what our twins weigh together when they are born. Darin, Matt says you'll be well prepared for the World Cup 2010, being up all night with the baby and all. Heidi, we can't believe you went natural. Or that Darin left without you hurting him. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lali, I had a sinus infection, come on. I know that doesn't measure up to delivering a 9lb baby naturally, but I didn't want to get anyone else sick. We keep praying for you guys everyday. We enjoy reading your updates.

    ReplyDelete