Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I got my car back!

When Heidi went to Utah with the kids we switched cars so Heidi could use the one with cruise control. That left me with the stick shift and cassette tape player. Admittedly at first I was disappointed because, well, it's a tape player. But then I remembered I still had an old cassette tape collection of mine somewhere from like 20 years ago.

I dusted it off and have been rocking out to these goldies:
Boston 3rd stage
Triumph Thunder Seven
Europe - The Final Countdown (why am I not listening to this song every morning when I wake up???)
Queensryche Empire
Phil Collins
...But Seriously
Serious Hits Live!
Rush
Van Halen
The Doors

Tell me you're not jealous.

My tape collection isn't that extensive anymore and I got tired of repeating albums. (I listened to Phil Collins two days in a row).

Then traffic started getting to me again. People drive 15-20 mph over the posted speed limit, tailgate and get mad at me because I won't speed up or move over to accommodate their recklessness. Is it any wonder that Arizona has the highest death rate by vehicle manslaughter (next to maybe Argentina where stopping at intersections is merely a suggestion) accompanied by the highest car insurance premiums in the world? I'm digressing.

I can't wait to have audio cd's again. 45 minutes of story time bliss twice a day. It takes my mind off of maniacs who value getting to their next destination 2 minutes faster more than their own lives, or other people's lives for that matter.

And it lowers my blood pressure.

1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty SWEET collection. I would have listened to Phil Collins a lot too and probably Boston. I think I sold most of my cassette tape collections in various Garage sales or took them to D.I. You are brave to endure tapes - I mean the fast forward/rewind would kill me alone :)

    ReplyDelete