Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Daniel funnies March 09

Church:

Last Sunday while we were in sacrament meeting Daniel was being his normal restless self. Some little kid across the isle started crying and Daniel was watching as his dad picked him up and carried him out into the hallway. As soon as they disappeared through the door Daniel turned to me and started the best fake cry I've ever seen him do. It was obvious that he wanted to be taken out to the hallway too so he was just copying a method that he observed worked.

Every Sunday he gets more creative. I'm sure bribes and blackmail are not far away.


Breakfast:

Today for breakfast Daniel had a banana bread muffin but only ate the top half before he got down to go play. It's common for Daniel to come back and finish eating later but today I wasn't thinking about that when Rylie got fussy and I let her have the rest of Daniel's muffin. About 30 minutes later Daniel came back to the table and looked surprised and upset to find his muffin missing. He kept asking me what happened to his muffin, where did his muffin go?

So avoiding confrontation like I do I said go talk to your mom. He ran over to where Heidi was and while pointing an accusing finger at me from across the room said, Daddy Ate My Muffin! Hey - I never admitted that! But in all fairness I gave him another half of a muffin. He ate part of it then as he was about to get down he stopped and looked at me and said "no eat it, right?"

Hey, I never ate your first muffin! But he was skeptical all the same. He got down and moved the muffin to the farthest corner of the table opposite of where I was sitting and repeated, no eat it! Then after a few minutes of playing in the other room he stopped and from the other room checked to make sure his muffin was still there and when he saw me he mouthed the words "no eat it" while wagging his index finger at me. I'm dying laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment