Sunday, February 22, 2009

Renaissance festival

aka, cleavage festival. They should sell T-shirts that say "I survived cleavage festival 2009 at the renaissance!" We went two years ago and nothing has really changed except maybe there's even more cleavage and believe me, it's not the flattering kind.

I think it's really over priced. After you get in all the cool stuff still costs extra. It's a nice place to people watch though. It's like a 14th century star trek convention.

I did enjoy sitting in the shade eating my $1 pickle while listening to Sarah the harpist play. It was very relaxing.

Here is Daniel enjoying one of the very few free activities; he's riding a butterfly powered by some hapless woman walking in circles.



Here we are at the jousting contest. This was the last event we went to, everyone was tired. Daniel was getting obnoxious, hitting his water bottle on the bleachers annoying all the people around him, so I had to take him to the sidelines before the crowd could carry him off to the gallows.

Rylie loved it. She was as cute as ever.



We stopped to listen to the Mediaeval Baebes and Daniel had too much energy so he just ran in circles around me the whole time. The monkey pack/leash he is wearing is so he doesn't take off running and we lose him, which has happened before. We got quite the looks from people.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness - you've nailed it! 14th century star trek convention! How true. :)

    ReplyDelete