Sunday, November 25, 2007

somewhere out there...

We watched An American Tail the other day on TV. That reminded me of when I played Somewhere Out There on the piano at my 6th grade "graduation ceremony" in grade school. That was one of 3 or 4 songs we sang together as a class on that occasion. My whole class sang on stage while I accompanied on the piano in front of millions of people and parents watching, scrutinizing every note I played. I think that was the last time I ever played the piano in public. After watching the movie I felt like giving the song another reminisce, 20 years later... Daniel liked it. He likes to play the piano and amazingly he doesn't pound on the keys like most kids would, he actually plays one key at a time nice and softly. So here we are playing the piano together. And I'm practicing smiling too.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you guys! I think it wasn't more than a few days ago that I was wishing that my high school friends had blogs. I'm so happy to see what's going on in your life. We loved your Christmas card and admired you darling little boy (I'm so jealous that you got a red-head, Heidi). I've probably sent you my blog link before, but if you want to check out the latest, visit our blog: www.barbylane.blogspot.com

    We're in Connecticut now. We love it but it feels FAR from home. Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete