Saturday, October 20, 2007

5th Year Anniversary

OK, it's been about a month, time to post something again. Yesterday was our 5th Anniversary. Hard to believe it's been 5 years already. In the last 5 years we've had 7 residences, the last 3 have been our own home after we finally become home owners. We've moved 9 times including temporary in between places while we waited for our permanent place to finalize. And we've lived in 3 different states. My favorite move was from Virginia to Hawaii. We had to sell everything we owned that wouldn't fit in a box, which included most of our wedding gifts, then we mailed everything to ourselves to a temporarily address we had setup in Hawaii.

(And an important reflection: new residences of Hawaii have to retake the drivers license test to get a new drivers license. I remember that because I aced the test and Heidi missed a question. So of course I had to kid her about it whenever we drove together. Well, come to think of it, I still do!)

Then when we moved back to the main land we had to sell everything again and mail everything we owned to ourselves. I think my least favorite move was this last one. Heidi conveniently was out of town visiting her family in Utah. She says the trip was planned 3 months in advance, whatever. I kid, it really was planned. But when our house finally sold in the middle of July this year, I found myself packing up the entire house by myself. It took me two weeks. I think I evaporated 10 pounds of my body from the summer heat. Of course we had to wait a month for our new house to be finished so we got to move again in the middle of August when the heat was about the same. Thankfully I had help that time. I think we are now here to stay for awhile. I hope.

And of course we have Daniel now who we just can't get enough of. He's cutting 3 new teeth and wanted to let me know how that feels by biting my shoulder. I had a nice bite mark on my shoulder for a few days. Recently he's discovered the camera. Every time I pull it out to try and catch him doing something cute he'll stop what he's doing and give me a really cheesy grin.

Last night we got a babysitter and went to dinner in Mesa. We were going to catch a movie but we missed the start times so we went to the Big Bass Pro shop at Riverview instead. (I know, we're high rollers!) it's certainly a nice place. Where else can you buy a gun and a sandwich at the same place. That was it, happy 5th to us!

We've actually been doing a lot of fun things together in the last couple of weeks. We figure we can roll'em all up in to one fun time and call it good. We went to a musical at Hale's Theater in Gilbert called Lucky Stiff with Heidi's parents who came to visit. They went to Tuscon and visited a museum and had dinner with friends. We drove up to Black Canyon City to visit my grandparents. Another day we went to Harrah's and ate at the buffet. Tonight we went to my brothers Open House and had barbecue.

No comments:

Post a Comment